Monday, October 27, 2008

3D/4D Ultrasound











Dustin and I had our 3D/4D ultrasound done today. My job has such wonderful perks! We were planning on having the ultrasound in the next 2 weeks (around 32 weeks), but the ultrasound techs were slow today so we had it done this afternoon. Graham was not in the best position, so we were told, but I think we got some incredible pictures. He would not move his hands from in front of his face, nor would he move up out of my pelvis to get the best face shots. They were able to get the entire ultrasound session on DVD! Everyone is welcome to come watch.

It is amazing how much he has grown since his 20 week ultrasound. It is also amazing what you can see with the 3D/4D ultrasounds! Graham is head down and measuring on the small size of normal. Both sound wonderful to me! He is measuring appropriately for his gestational age. They estimate his weight to be about 2.25 pounds. Of course, this estimate comes with the disclaimer that it could be off a pound either direction. So he weighs some where in between 1.5-3.5 pounds. His heartbeat is in the 140's. Apparently, the round hard area we have been feeling on the left side of my stomach is his bottom! We were also able to see him sucking. It is truly unbelievable that all of this is going on inside me right now. He has both his hands and feet up to his mouth, but we could not tell what he was sucking.

I also found out I passed my glucola test. Which is a good thing because we all know I am not giving up my sweets! Our next office visit should be in 2 more weeks.

1 comment:

Meg and Grant said...

I LOVE the pics!! I think they are great! We are so excited for you guys!