Friday, December 19, 2008

A Long Week

Well we are officially 37 weeks along this week. We thought Graham was trying to come into the world early, but he is still not here! I started having contractions 5-10 minutes apart on Sunday night. We went to the doctor/work on Monday. They put me on the monitor and I was contracting every 5-10 minutes and Graham's heart rate looked great. I was dilated 2 cm and 80% effaced. We were told to go walk and come back in an hour. After one hour I still had not dilated any more. We left to walk again and were told to come back at the end of the day to be checked again. I was still having regular contractions at 4:30, but my cervix had not changed. We were put back on the monitor. The doctor was concerned about how long my contractions were lasting and we were sent to the hospital for extended monitoring. After several more hours, we still had no change in dilation. We left the hospital at 8:30pm with Graham still in my stomach.
The rest of the week has been pretty much the same routine. Regular contractions, but more real cervical change. We are all sitting on go waiting for Graham to come! We will keep you all posted.

No comments: